Sunday, September 14, 2008

Well, the rough draft of my article is coming along nicely. It's not done - I'm trying to balance out my workload - but it's ok...at least for someone that's never written a news story before! 
As of right now, I'm pretty glad to be taking this course. Though I've been having some issues with the news writing class [BUH...], newspaper production has helped me out in a number of ways so far. 
When I entered this school year, I wasn't sure if I'd chosen the right major. I wanted to be sure, so I registered for classes that would throw me into the worlds of other subjects I was interested in. Journalism has been a really great experience for me so far, and I've already learned things, and met so many people that can help me in the future! Although I'm enjoying myself, I now know that majoring in something other than music would just be a foolish switch for me. I can't imagine doing anything else, though I'll probably always work on a paper if I can! 
I've learned some interesting things while working on my story, and sometimes I just get pissed off about it and want to rant rather than write a decent story. After we had that discussion about retention in classes, and there not being enough sections open, I wanted to figure out what I could to help me with the story. I just got upset when I was talking to some students, because it is so BLATANTLY obvious that they don't care about their educations. Some kids just register for classes and fill seats because they don't know what they want to do, so why not start with GE courses? Of course, after they realize that they don't like the class, or the instructor, they drop after a couple of weeks...and then where does that leave the people desperate for courses? Out of luck. I just wanted to tell some kids to get their shit together or stop registering for things they don't care about. ESPECIALLY if they're not looking to go to a four year school. 
Anyway, I didn't yell at anyone, but I needed to get this off my chest before I went off in class or to one of my friends or something. 
I have a few more points, but I'll just save those for my article.....gotta keep you guys curious, right? :D

OH! 

Did anyone see SNL last night? 
Tina Fey and Amy Poehler are awesome! 
Check it out! 


http://perezhilton.com/2008-09-14-must-see-tina-fey-and-amy-poehler-do-sarah-palin-and-hillary-clinton-on-snl

No comments: